On the National Day of Prayer

Daring times challenge us to pray boldly…as bold as those prayed by the pilgrims when they entered the new land or Abraham Lincoln as he called upon God amidst the dangers of a Civil War. As the threat of terrorism looms and the economy is uncertain we pause on the National Day of Prayer to not only ask God to intervene in world affairs but to move upon our hearts and start in us a change that may change the world.

The following are ten reasons why we should pray:

1. Prayer reminds us that we are not the solution to the challenges that grip our world but we have access to the one who transcends those challenges.

2. A prayerless nation has no hope beyond the headlines.

3. Prayer aligns us with God’s heart, purposes and blessings.

4. Prayer is an act of humility that precedes honor.

5. Prayer enlarges the heart beyond selfish motive.

6. Prayer provokes the heart to consider not only what is but what can be with God’s help.

7. Prayer is best prioritized when one asks God to change one’s own heart first.

8. No matters of eternal value will be accomplished outside of prayer.

9. Prayer is properly prioritized vigilance in a spiritually passive world.

10. Prayer at its best is an offering of one’s self to be used by God as a part of the answer.

The Bible reminds us in 2 Chronicles 7:14 “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”

Join me wont you in praying for our country, our families and our churches?

- Our God is a MIGHTY God!

~ Vince

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much, your article has reminded me to start praying, though i pray every day in the morning, i still feel the need to connect :)

New Year, New Look, Another Try

Lisa and my daughter Hope, both told me last night that they missed my blogging and that I should write again. So, I brought up the site...d...