Blogging...

Blogging to me has ALWAYS been an outlet for me to put into writing the things that are in my heart or on my mind. It personal, sometimes quite deep other times not so much...but always personal. I tried the route of making my BLOG into a goofy one...relating silly, often stupid things I've read or heard, but that's not me. Blogging for me is like journaling...a place I can record life, my life...good or bad, happy or not so much...my thoughts...my fears...my angst...my joy.
But throughout the years that I've Blogged, I've come to the realization that the style in which I WISH to express myself (raw and honest, heavy at times) has\can upset people at times. That's when I attempted to 'change' the way I wrote...I avoided serious topics and wrote about things that honestly, didn't matter to me, like the stupid things men do. It just got to the point where my heart wasn't in it anymore.
 I look at my Blog as a place I can write what's weighing on my mind...argue with myself...pour my heart out to. And frankly, no one should be able to censor my thoughts...my concerns. So, I had stopped writing in order to avoid any possible censoring or disagreements.
I'm not really sure where I go from here

Why do you Blog?

1 comment:

Lisa Howard said...

I love your blog, and I love your heart. Even though we live together and talk every day, I still love coming back to your blog and reading. There is something about putting thoughts down on paper (even virtual paper) that allows us to express our hearts in a different way. I know when I get on a roll I find myself typing out or writing things I didn't know I was thinking and feeling. They just come spilling out. Sometimes silly, sometimes deep. It's all good and refreshing and therapeutic for me not only to write but to read. And I can come back to it later and remember things I had forgotten. Even seemingly small things that we do as a family or as a couple, end up being some of my favorite memories when I write about them and even photograph them and preserve them here. My blog is kind of a scrapbook,/journal/memoir all wrapped up in one silly place on the web. Hopefully our kids will treasure ours someday (and actually read them). If not, I had fun writing mine , and reading yours :) Love you, Lisa

New Year, New Look, Another Try

Lisa and my daughter Hope, both told me last night that they missed my blogging and that I should write again. So, I brought up the site...d...