Growing

I was reading in 2 Peter today when I read the 18th verse of chapter 3. But grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I’ve read the passage before and have heard sermons on it over the years, but it struck me today as something very foundational to the Christian faith. Our human bodies, without proper nourishment, won’t grow…in fact they grow weaker and weaker until they eventually stop functioning. Why would our spiritual bodies be any different? Growth is the goal of a Christian. Growth produces maturity and maturity confidence. If your child stopped growing and ceased to develop, you as the parent would be concerned right? When a Christian stops growing, help is needed. If you are the same Christian you were a few months ago, be careful. You might be wise to get a check up. Not on your body…but on your heart. Not a physical, but instead, a spiritual…do a check up on these four areas: Prayer, Study, Giving and Fellowship.

~ Vince

No comments:

New Year, New Look, Another Try

Lisa and my daughter Hope, both told me last night that they missed my blogging and that I should write again. So, I brought up the site...d...