Summers end...

We’re getting ready to start another school year. The older two have already started their sports practices and I’ve started to gather some of the supplies each will need and even have bought some clothes awhile back. This year will be different, not just because their mother wont be here to see them off on the first day, but this year I have a senior in the house. I swear she was just 6 or 10 last year, or it seems that way at least. I find it utterly amazing that in the blink of an eye children, go from building blocks to building career’s. It seems TOO soon…I haven’t had enough time…imparted enough knowledge…given enough guidance to her. She has a strength and a tenacity…those of you who know her, know this quite well! She’s smart and funny and WAY too critical of herself…she was forced to leave her childhood behind way too soon and while that’s not fair, she has never once complained. From first day of kindergarten to senior in high school, time waits for no one.

My pretty Britti girl, remember these things as you approach your senior year:
1) Be kind. Kindness will earn you respect and will draw people to you.
2) Be your own person. Don’t let others shape who YOU want to be.
3) Have fun! Cut loose, step out of your comfort zone and enjoy yourself.
4) Let NOTHING stand in front of your goals! (except God’s leading!)
5) Most importantly, hold onto your faith! Let God draw you close to Him. No one can out comfort the comforter!

WHO IS SHE?

She's a soft cool rain on a hot summer’s day.
She makes me laugh with the funny things she has to say.
She's the beat of my heart, and the air that I breathe.
She's the sun and the wind, and autumn’s golden leaves.
She's the pride that I feel when I know she's done what’s right.
She's that warm feeling I get, when I remember tucking her in at night.
She is homework and sports, and a busy social life.
She has this beautiful smile that could light the darkest night.
She is the scared feeling I have when she stays out late.
Or the feeling that I am losing her, when she wants to date.
She's the mixed emotions I have, as I watch her mature and grow.
I tell myself she will never leave, but, I know in my heart that someday she will go.
I hope the man that steals her heart, will treat her like a queen.
Because she deserves so much more, than a man that treats her mean.
I will always cherish the wonderful times we have had.
The best part of my life was being her dad.
So now you know who she is, she's my little girl.
I love her with all my heart and I always will.
~ Vince

No comments:

New Year, New Look, Another Try

Lisa and my daughter Hope, both told me last night that they missed my blogging and that I should write again. So, I brought up the site...d...