Of Weddings and Kindness

The weekend before last, the kids, Lisa and I went back to Iowa. It was my nephew (on Amy’s side) Blake’s and his fiancée Amanda’s wedding. The plan was that as the kids and I would go to the wedding and reception, while Lisa would spend some time with my family getting to know them better (and finding out some secrets about me from my sisters no doubt!). About a week or a little more before the wedding, Kelly, Amy’s older sister and Blake’s mother, called me and extended an invitation for Lisa to come to the wedding and reception. I was a bit surprised, but very happy for her thoughtfulness in stepping forward like she did. Many people wouldn’t have done this, in fact, given similar circumstances; many people wouldn’t want anything to do with a new person let alone invite them to a very special family event like a wedding. Yes, there were some tears, but Lisa was very warmly received and we had many conversations with the ‘fam’ throughout the evening. Amy was sorely missed…she would have wanted to have been there as Blake was our ring bearer in our wedding, not to mention that Hope was one of the flower girls (she was excited beyond belief to have this honor!) and Amy would have been such a proud mom to see her.
Thank you Kelly…thank you everyone for taking that first step and for making Lisa feel as welcomed as you did! You have no idea how much that meant to me…

Ephesians 3:20-21 'Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.'

~ V

No comments:

New Year, New Look, Another Try

Lisa and my daughter Hope, both told me last night that they missed my blogging and that I should write again. So, I brought up the site...d...