I find your lack of faith disturbing…

Darth Vader huh? I’ve been called many things throughout my life, but I can honestly say THAT hasn’t been one of them! Too funny! Yes, I too have sleep apnea, and it was/is very extreme. As Lisa said, I found it difficult stay awake even in the middle of a conversation! It’s weird because it isn’t like you just wake up one morning and you’re so tired that you fall asleep driving to work…no, it just sort of creeps up on you slowly over time. I remember the conversation I had with the doctor, he was quite clear that some people couldn’t tolerate the device and if that happened to me…well, there really wasn’t any other treatment options. Just GREAT!...well, I can tell you that I awoke the next morning feeling the best I had in a VERY long time...except that my back really hurt! Evidently I slept so soundly…SO completely deep that I never moved that first night! It did take some getting used to, but honestly, it changed my life. There are things I miss…like going to bed with the window open and falling asleep to the sound of crickets or a soft summer night rain…I REALLY miss that. And as far as Lisa’s imagery of the two of us sleeping side by side with our ‘breathers’ as she’s so affectionately named them…yeah, not exactly the most romantic thought is it!? More like being the poster children for the Sleep Apnea Society of America! HAHA…but Lisa’s right, the machines are a blessing, because without mine, I simply can not sleep (partially from the apnea and partly because I’ve grown used to it!). So, I’ll go without listening to summer storms, nighttime traffic or other creatures of the night…

…And now your highness…we will discuss the location of your hidden rebel base
!

~ V

No comments:

New Year, New Look, Another Try

Lisa and my daughter Hope, both told me last night that they missed my blogging and that I should write again. So, I brought up the site...d...