30 hours a day...

Ok, bear with me…add this up:

.5 - Wake-up and get kids started/off to school
1 - Get ready for work
.5 - Drive to and from work
9.5 - Work (on average I work 8 to 5:30)
1 - Help/make supper
.5 - Clean-up after supper
1.5 - Fix/repair something in or around the house or computer or car
1 - Deal with an issue (with 7 people in the house, there’s ALWAYS an issue)
1 - Get the little ones ready for and in bed
1.5 - Get the older ones to bed (yes…it takes longer!)
7 - Sleep

So, what’s that come to...25? Yeah, I’m quite aware there are only 24 hours in a day and yes…it’s not this way all of the time, but I think you get my point! Where’s my time spent in God’s word or prayer? Where’s the time spent with Lisa that I SO treasure? Or time to read or to BLOG or to…well, anything else? Honestly, it’s not as bad as all of that, but there ARE days that really do come close. There is SO much more I want to do…feel that I NEED to do. I’d love to try out for the agency’s yearly musical production, but where would the time come from? What would I have to sacrifice in order to commit to rehearsals? Time with the kids? Lisa? God? I’m simply not willing to make that sacrifice. This blending of two families is challenging enough as it is…I need to be here to grow Lisa’s and my relationship and nurture my relationship with her boys.
And so, as David did in Psalm 57:2, ‘I cry out to God most high, to God who accomplishes all things for me.’ And almost instantly, the Holy Spirit brought Luke 12:31 to mind…’ But seek first the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you.’ …Um, honestly was that necessary? OK, maybe I did deserve that. I seriously wonder if God ever gets tired of me forgetting the basics and acting like I’m wandering around a darkened room…

What do I need to do, oh Lord? Give me wisdom…Your wisdom, Your peace, Your grace! Oh, and while you’re at it…can you give me about 30 hours in a day??

~ V

No comments:

New Year, New Look, Another Try

Lisa and my daughter Hope, both told me last night that they missed my blogging and that I should write again. So, I brought up the site...d...