Come on Baby Light my Fire…

The last couple of days have been in the 40’s and I’ve been LOVING it! I actually saw a couple of Robins in our yard…so either it’s official and spring is here, or those two Robins are total bird brains! Anywho, I am here to make an official proclamation (if you were here, you could hear the fanfare trumpets and timpani drums): I hereby declare Friday, March 6th, the official start of the 2009 grilling season! During lunch (yes…I actually get to have lunch with my wife almost every day!), Lisa and I talked about what to have for supper and that’s when I said that it’s nice enough out, we should grill. You should have seen her face light up! You would have though I offered to take her on a cruise or something! We decided to have grilled Salmon and veggies. Salmon is something that I’ve never enjoyed in the past, but honestly that was just Salmon patties…(shudder). So baked or grilled Salmon is something Lisa introduced me to, and I really love it grilled. We’ve tried several recipes (Mediterranean herb or Rosemary), but tonight I left it up to Lisa and she proposed a simple house seasoning and butter recipe. Honestly, I was a little skeptical because I AM so picky about fishy taste, but it turned out perfect! It was moist and flaky and it was obvious that the Salmon was very very fresh as it tasted clean and YUMMY!

So…all of you barbecue and grilling enthusiasts, it’s time! Fill up the tanks, stock up the Kingsford, clean up the surface and fire up the grills!

Grill long, and prosper!

~ V

No comments:

New Year, New Look, Another Try

Lisa and my daughter Hope, both told me last night that they missed my blogging and that I should write again. So, I brought up the site...d...