Welcome

Much like your parents attic, treasured memories lay within. So, wipe the dust off my ruminations and remembrances, sit back and enjoy!

Robots and Squirrels...the age long enmity

OK...Lisa and I do the 'divide and conquer' method of putting our younger two to bed. She goes in and does her routine with Kyle and I with Hope. Last week, I had finished before Lisa and as I was passing Kyle's bedroom, Kyle said, 'Hey, Vince? Did you know that when God is done with this Earth, He will make a new one? And that when He makes the new Earth, animals will be our friends?' I said, 'Yes, Kyle, that's right. And did you know that the Bible says that the Lion will lay with the Lamb?' 'Yeah,' he said. 'And the robots and squirrels will finally be friends!' ...even I paused at that one...I said (with a barely straight face), 'I...wasn't aware that robots and squirrels were enemies??' Kyle didn't even pause, he said 'Oh, yeah...when a robot whose minding his own business gets too close to a tree, a squirrel will dive on it's head and attack it!' The visual (yes, us men ARE visual) was too much and I just burst out laughing!

So...when God creates the new Earth, the robots will have THAT to look forward to...

~ V

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can barely see to type as I have tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard!!! The kids are wondering what is so funny. This sounds like a Saturday Night Live skit just waiting to happen!!!
-Kari

Post a Comment